The RASC is a confederation of over 50 leading national and regional Agricultural Show Societies, NGOs, Agricultural Associations and Research Bodies, working in 20 Commonwealth countries.
- to enable the interchange of ideas, information and views on the secure sustainable use of natural resources in the production of food, forest and fisheries
- to promote development of agriculture, forestry, aquaculture and the rural environment
- To encourage high standards in sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishing
- To raise the standard of the rural economy based on increased production
- To make the general public and consumers aware of agriculture and rural concerns
- To encourage Agricultural Societies to carry out development and extension work
- Plan and hold a biennial commonwealth agricultural conference to give rasc members, and other interested organisations allied to farming, the opportunity to network and explore their interests and mutual problems in agriculture.
- Encourage high standards within agricultural shows.
- Organise a biennial next generation mission to a commonwealth member state, recognising that today’s young are the leaders of tomorrow.
- Strengthen and improve relationships between the member show societies
- Develop the next generation forum to enable young agricultural leaders to play their part in the development of the rasc and their own societies.
- Support member societies in developed countries in raising their sights towards those countries where agricultural education and expertise is urgently needed to enable food production to be increased.
- Work closely with the commonwealth secretariat as the only Commonwealth Agricultural NGO.
- Participate in setting the agenda for agriculture in The Commonwealth.